What to wear when you come rafting
For the summer shorts or a bathing suit or swim trunks and a T-shirt are best. Shoes that will stay on your feet are required, which can be river sandals, old tennis shoes, or nylon topped water shoes. No Flip Flops or other shoes that won’t stay on your feet for rafting the Ocoee River! For the cooler weather we recommend synthetic fabrics such as polypropylene or nylon or synthetic fleece. We have some “spray gear” to keep off the splash and if it is really cold we have wet suits at the outpost –all free to our guest.
Ocoee River Recreation and Economic Development FundThe Board consists of nine voting members with five members appointed by the governor, and six ex officio, nonvoting members. Appointed members shall serve four-year, renewable terms. Seven members of the board shall constitute a quorum for the purpose of conducting business.
- The manager of the Hiwassee/Ocoee Scenic River State Park;
- The comptroller of the treasury, or the designee;
- The state treasurer, or the designee;
- The Polk County mayor;
- One person who represents economic development interests;
- One person who represents private boater interest;
- Three persons who are Ocoee River management zone commercial permit holders;
- The Commissioners of Environment and Conservation, Tourism, Economic and Community Development, or their designees;
- The Executive Director of the Wildlife Resources Agency, or designee;
- A member from the House and Senate whose legislative district includes the majority of the Ocoee River management zone.